An evening walking through the woods in Michigan sets the scene for this RAW…
Buffet style marketing [1:30]
- A little bit of this, a little bit of that
- Ordering from all over the menu
- Ten or fifteen different ways of gaining new business
Be tactical [2:57]
- Much more important to go deep in one or two customer acquisition strategies
- Wouldn’t it be better if you became an expert at one or two tactics?
- We never give ourselves a chance to get really good at something
- Don’t bounce around
Are you waiting for your marketing superhero? Or are you just not being tactical enough?
What is a functioning, tactical marketing setup? [5:35]
- Behaviors and methods that have been proven to work
- One or two selected and perfected tactics
- You should be able to place anyone new in the system and have them succeed
- Not leaving employees to their own devices
Go deep, not wide [7:16]
- You don’t need more services to build a huge business
- If you try to be all things to all people, you won’t be significant to anybody
- Focus, be thoughtful
Thanks for listening! See you next time.